On Saturday we hosted a big family BBQ, the weather was just perfect and it was a beaut of a day, lots of food, drink and garden games.
One of the desserts I made was a fab Lemon Tart, it was the first time I had made it and it turned out brilliantly. It’s so easy to do I just had to share in my very first Bake it Tuesday.
Now before we start… This is very much not on my diet plan but sometimes a girl has to treat herself!
350g shortcrust pastry
Grated lemon rind of 3 lemons
150mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
90g caster sugar
60ml Creme fraiche
4 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 190c. Roll out pastry thinly and use to line a 23cm flan tin. Prick the base with a fork.
2. Line the pastry case with foil, fill with baking beads (I actually used rice) and bake for 15mins until the edges are set. Remove the foil and pop back in the oven for 5mins until golden.
3. Place lemon rind, juice and sugar in a bowl and beat until combined. Then gradually add the creme fraiche and beat until well blended.
4. Gradually add the eggs and egg yolks into the mixture then pour into the pastry case. Bake for 15-20mins until the filling is set.
5. Leave to cool and then dust with icing sugar.
So easy and so yummy!!! I’m thinking of doing it with some orange next time to mix it up!